Things to do:-
- Prune rambling roses after flowering.
- Feed and water all plants in containers.
- Lift and dry onions.
- Cut and dry herbs for winter use.
- Prop up heavily laden branches of fruit trees.
- Summer-prune gooseberries and redcurrants.
- Water and feed tomatoes regularly.
- Plant new strawberry plants and keep them well-watered.
- Harvest the first apples and pears.
- Start planting Spring flowering bulbs.
- Prepare ground for making new lawns.
- Divide perennials towards the end of the month.
- Sow parsley and pot up herbs for later use.